In case you haven't noticed... I change my Blog background quite often. I
LOVE being creative and this is just one of the many ways I can do it!! I found a website for digital scrapbooking that's absolutely
FREE (for personal use that is). I'm not much into scrapbooking yet, but I've found that a lot of the free blog backgrounds you find on many different websites, use
Summertime Designs by Summer Driggs. I thought I would try my hand at making my own personalized backgrounds and headers and I think this one turned out quite nicely. I used the scrapbook design called
"Happy Mother's Day". It's found on Summer's website along with a TON of other cute stuff. Click
HERE to be directed to her website.
I've also found a program that's comparable to
Photoshop but without the price tag. It too is absolutely
FREE!!! It's called
GIMP. It allows you to edit photos, create cool textures and layer elements without the annoying white background. Click
HERE for a free download and start having FUN. Here's an example of what you can do...
BEFORE
picture taken from camera phone
AFTER
background image from Summertime Design's/Happy Mother's Day
Cool, huh? Happy creating!!!
3 loves:
Thanks sarah for all the advice! Thanks for finding new ways to blog! Hope you are well! Luv ya TONS!
No problem Brigette... sure miss you guys. Wish I could come visit soon, but I'm afraid it'll be a while. Love you TONS right back! :o)
Very cool stuff... looks like you have been having some fun. Kenny downloaded Gimp just a few weeks ago... his friends has been teaching him a bunch of graphic design stuff and they have been working on logos, which is great for Kenny. Good stuff!! I am going to have to get my blogging butt in gear and check out the links you have posted.
Post a Comment